Graphic Web Design Internet Marketing San Diego SEO|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 9 most recent journal entries recorded in
Graphic Web Design Company in San Diego SEO's LiveJournal:
|Monday, December 14th, 2009|
|Positives of High End Web Design Services
Planning to get a website designed or re-designed? Professional help from an experienced web design firm can definitely bring positive outcomes. Many companies operate in Southern California areas like San Diego, Los Angeles, and Glendale, as web design companies that can serve businesses in virtually any industry. In order to build professionally proficient websites, specialized skills are essential.
You might wonder how hiring a company for quality web design services helps your business. This can be clearly understood by the series of advantages professional web design services provide as follows:
• Southern California web design companies employ expert and skilled web designers who possess technical expertise in website designing. A technically sound website is a very strong marketing tool that has a tremendous effect on the buying behavior of the customers. These designers keep themselves equipped with the latest technical know-how in order to stay ahead of competition from other web design companies.
• Just having a good looking website does not ensure a guaranteed increase in web traffic and sales. The web designers incorporate marketing techniques in the web development process that suits your business’ needs and requirements.
• Professional design services provide greater flexibility to an online business. After thoroughly analyzing your business, these professionals come up with solutions that satisfy your business needs using specific technologies.
• Getting help from web design companies leads to improvisation of existing plan and design of promotional materials. You’ll receive customized marketing for newer websites as well as for existing ones.
• Web development is a very time consuming process. Devoting large amounts of time on it might prove to be a hurdle for smooth functioning of smaller organizations. Hiring a web design company would save time and resources for in-house software development.
• A website that is designed well, making use of white hat SEO techniques , stands greater chances of scoring high in major search engine results. They are most likely to get indexed in search engines, leading to better web traffic.
• Websites that are easy on usability and navigation are preferred by visitors. Such sites give the required information to users in less time, and have better chances of generating a sale.
• Website maintenance is achieved through quality web design services. Well designed sites do not need maintenance in very short spans of time.
The above mentioned are some basic benefits of professional web design services on the user’s part. Making use of professional services is undoubtedly better than employing regular employees. San Diego Graphic Designers
|Online Internet Marketing and Advertising
The positioning of your Web site space requires actions, along with search engine optimization (SEO). E-mail Marketing
* Mailing lists - contain information about e-mail addresses of people who have indicated their willingness to receive any information or products of a particular site. It can be automated using specialized software to manage mailing lists. Mailing lists are used mainly for sending news to people who expressly willed it.
* E-mail campaigns - sending promotional letters to potential clients. You should be very careful because it can leave a negative effect; treated as spam.
* Offer incentives for registration. In the registration process ask them whether they would like to receive emails or not. Search This is an appropriate form, which enables its visitors to easily share information, for example, pages containing information on the latest products. Put the field like enter e-mail address and a link to Tell a friend who, after being pressed, causes sending short text e-mail. This kind of form is "Send to a friend”, where you can send content of the entire page by e-mail. This method is good for sites with dynamically generated pages (Base), for example, reservation systems and online stores.
*Banner rotation, link exchange. The exchange of banners and links is very effective free advertising. It consists in the placement of banners or text links to other companies on the pages of your Web site in exchange for which they pose same of your Web site. Many design studios offers such an exchange on the sites of their customers.
*Sponsored Links. All search engines, sites, ads; electronic catalogs offer a service where your site can be drawn in the forehead of the search results on a keyword of your wages. Some sites may show banners. Ads In some cases, placing ads on sites for free may lead many targeted visitors to your site. This depends largely on the activities of your company. If you offer a clean home, dealing with sale and lease of movable and immovable property can be personnel selection, published ads in the portal site of your city or traveled to other sites for ads may be winning strategy. This strategy is particularly profitable when your customers are end users of goods and services. Internet Marketing Advertising Company San Diego
|Benefits of Online Marketing Through The Internet
The process of operating an Internet marketing campaign, which is also known as online marketing or e-marketing, is thru the promotion or marketing of products or services, by using the Internet as the main vehicle. The advent of the Worldwide Web has brought many revolutionary benefits to the art of selling and marketing, and this includes the low cost of distributing information and media to a wider audience. This online method's interactive nature, in terms of getting instant response and in eliciting customer response, are one of the best qualities of this method.
How Internet Marketing Works
In implementing a successful Web marketing program, online e-tailers need to understand that this method is a process of growing and promoting an organization using online media. This new marketing method does not simply mean 'creating a Web site' or promoting one, because behind that Web site is a real organization that has a clearly defined set of goals. The strategies of Internet marketing includes all facets of online advertising products, services, and websites, including market research, email marketing, and direct sales.
Benefits Of Marketing Through The Internet
According to Web-savvy marketing people, one of the major benefits associated with this online marketing process, is being able to garner a wide amount of information. Online consumers can access the Internet and research products, as well as purchase them at any time of the day. Businesses that use online marketing can also save money because they do not need to create a large sales force presence. To sum it up, this novel form of Web marketing helps businesses expand from just being in a local market, to a national or international level, and in a much faster way. When this method is compared to other types of traditional media like radio, print or television, online marketing does have an advantage when it comes to low startup costs.
Tough Aspects To Deal For Online Marketers
According to marketing veterans, the hardest part of running an online marketing campaign, is in finding a targeted group to market to. By creating a list, you already have a targeted group that has given you permission to market to them, as this also allows you to develop a relationship with them, as you provide them relevant information, and also suggest which products are beneficial for them. It's much easier to market and sell to the people on your list than simply relying on cold leads, and the best part is that you can also repeat the process and sell to them over and over again.
Other Online Marketing Strategies - Marketing Through Social Networks Getting customers and generating sales afterwards would be better if you could also penetrate the popular world of social networking sites. For more details www.website-conversion-mastery.com. Most online businesses today are now switching to social networking sites to market their services and products. Sites like Facebook, Bebo and MySpace are seen to be playing major roles, and these sites in the future would certainly be top destinations for online shoppers.
While traditional methods of marketing also offer some means of reaching its target audience, the opportunity created by Internet marketing has grown to be the most popular marketing medium, and many businesses today are aggressively using search engine optimization and other techniques to quickly get in touch with remote consumers. San Diego Internet Marketing Services
|Internet Marketing Tips to Increase Your Conversion Rate
Eye Catching web design and development is more than just coding. You need to focus on what visitors experience on your site. Your first goal is to make sure visitor stays on your site for some time and comes back again and again. Most websites are there to make money, with few exceptions here and there. Its absolutely true that you need quality content and actually plenty of it so that you get organic search engine traffic. But even then, you want them to stay on your site for long and refer people through social networks. Here are the tips that you should use in order to make your visitors experience memorable.
1) Make sure your navigation from home page to other pages is simple enough. Also its possible that your visitor will not always land on your home page so make sure you organize each page like home page.
2) More than 80% visitors use 1024x768 screen resolution, so its best to optimize your page to that size. A three column page makes a good composition, but in order to be sure your sales propositions are clear to the other 20% of visitors using the smaller screen resolution, it's best that your sales propositions be placed in the left hand column. For example, if you have an e-newsletter, place this offer in the left hand column.
3) Your visitor will not land on home page everytime, so a good web design and development plan means that you must place your offer for your e-zine in the same position on every page. You'll increase your readership exponentially, since every visitor will spot your offer.
4) Next is scrolling factor. The important message or value proposition should be visible in the top portion of the page. If visitor has to scroll to find what site is about, you lost him. Ideally show all important messages on left hand or middle column.
5) Last but not least, Let's say you've got a home improvement website. One page contains an article on how to install dimmer switch. Your web design and development plan needs to address the question of which of your other pages might be most relevant to that reader, and place links to those other pages in an easily found location. Even search engines likes good internal linking. Incorporate these tips into your initial web design and development plan and watch your traffic grow. Online Internet Marketing San Diego
|Pay Per Click vs Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Pay-per-click or search engine optimization, which one should you use? Many view PPC marketing as a colossal waste of money while others disdain search engine optimization. In reality, the two marketing strategies form a perfect marriage. Pay-Per-Click - PPC PPC marketing is a love it or hate platform. For the “love it” crowd, PPC marketing is a way to get instant exposure and feedback on site designs. In a matter of minutes, you can start receiving traffic and adjusting your site to convert the traffic at the best rate possible. For those in the “hate it” crowd, bids are to high and one never knows how may of the clicks are fake and worthless. When starting out, the PPC campaign is critical for getting immediate traffic and tweaking the site to maximize conversions.
Search Engine Optimization – SEO
As with PPC, seo marketing has its proponents and detractors. Those who love it look at the free traffic and glorious profitability of a site that converts the traffic at a decent rate. Detractors view seo as an unnecessary waste of time since it can take a year or more to get high rankings, particularly on Google. Detractors also argue that high listings are subject to changes in the search engine ranking process, which means you can lose your rankings. So, who is right? In truth, both sides make accurate arguments. PPC is expensive and click fraud is a monstrous problem. Seo produces free traffic, but it takes along time to get to the top and rankings are subject to the whims of search engine ranking changes. The truth, of course, is both marketing platforms should be used whenever possible.
Every site is unique, but most should combine PPC and SEO marketing as part of an overall internet marketing strategy. When starting out, the PPC campaign is critical for getting immediate traffic and tweaking the site to maximize conversions. At the same time, a seo campaign should be undertaken. Detractors also argue that high listings are subject to changes in the search engine ranking process, which means you can lose your rankings. As the site rises in search results, the PPC campaign should be fazed out for the relevant high listings. SEO is important because it covers most of the key areas that marketers need to address while selling and advertising online – it generates awareness, it leads to acquisition of customers and conversion of visitors to customers, and optimizes the marketing efforts to target buyers. Internet Marketing Firm San Diego
|Basics of Web Design
San Diego Web Designer
- Think small, like 10-12KB per image. Yes, depending on the source, the number of broadband users is going up. But slow pages are still really annoying, even if you're on a T1. And huge images are a primary cause of slow pages. It's easy to optimize your images.
- Always use graphics that fit the content. Just because you have an adorable photo of your dog doesn't mean you should have it on your Web site about Web Design (sorry, Shasta...). The main exception I would make to this is for "design" images. These are photos or graphics that help make up the design of the page, and are not intended to illustrate the content.
- Do not use images that blink or move or change or rotate or flash or do anything on your page. Or use them sparingly. There have been many studies that show that flashing graphics are distracting and annoying to people. In fact, in one focus group I watched the browsers actually physically cover up flashing graphics so that they could read the rest of the page.
- Stick with standard layouts. I've seen some pages that use 6 or 8 frames on one page. Another site used a layout where you had to scroll to the right to read everything on the page (but you never had to scroll down). These layouts are cute, and you might find them fun to build, but they will drive your readers nuts. The reason that the 3-column layout is so popular on Web sites and newspapers is because it works. You might think it's boring, but you'll keep more readers if you stick with something simple that they can understand.
- Whitespace is more than the CSS property, it is a function of your layout. You should be aware of the whitespace on your pages and how it affects how the content is viewed. Whitespace is just as important in a Web layout as it is in a paper layout.
- Use your graphics as elements in your layouts. Graphics can be more than just graphics when you use them as actual elements in your layouts. An extreme example is when you wrap text around an image, but any image you have on your site is a layout element and should be treated as such.
- Serif for headlines and Sans-Serif for text. If you've taken any type of print design, this might be exactly the opposite of what you were taught. But the Web is not print. Sans-serif fonts are much easier to read on computer monitors because the screen resolution is not as high as in print. If you use serif fonts for normal text, the serifs can blur together on the screen making them hard to read. Your printer friendly page should use the opposite fonts (serif for headlines and sans-serif for text).
- Limit the number of different fonts. One of the best ways to make your Web site look amateurish is to change the font over and over. Sure, it's possible to do, but limiting your page and site to 2 or possibly 3 standard font families is easier to read and looks more professional.
- Use standard font families. Yes, you can choose to use "Rockwood LT Standard" as your font on your page, but the chances that one of your readers will have that font as well is pretty low. Sticking with fonts like Verdana, Geneva, Arial, and Helvetica may seem boring, but your pages will look better and the designs look correct on more browsers.
- Don't be greedy. If you have any control over the number of ads on your site, be aware that your readers are not coming to read the ads, they are coming for the content. If the ads overwhelm the page content, many readers won't stick around long enough to read your purple prose. Yes, it's important to make money from your Web site, but if your ads drive people away, you'll ultimately lose money.
- Treat ads as you would any other image. Keep them small, avoid blinking/flashing, and keep them relevant. Just because you can have an ad on your site, doesn't mean that you should. If the content is relevant to your readers, they're more likely to click on the ad.
Remember Your Readers
- Test your pages in multiple browsers. Writing Web pages that work only on the most modern browser is both stupid and annoying. Unless you are writing a Web site for a corporate intranet or a kiosk where the browser version is completely fixed, you'll have problems with people not being able to view your pages.
- The same is true for operating systems. You can't assume that just because your page works in IE5.0 for Windows it will work in IE5.0 for Macintosh.
- Write content that they want. Unless you're writing a site purely for yourself (and if you are, why is it posted to the Web?), make sure that your content covers topics that your readers want to read.
|Saturday, December 5th, 2009|
|34 Best Tips On How To Speed Up Your Graphic Web Site Design
Minimize HTTP Requests
Use a Content Delivery Network
Add an Expires or a Cache-Control Header
Put Stylesheets at the Top
Put Scripts at the Bottom
Avoid CSS Expressions
Reduce DNS Lookups
Remove Duplicate Scripts
Make Ajax Cacheable
Flush the Buffer Early
Use GET for AJAX Requests
Reduce the Number of DOM Elements
Split Components Across Domains
Minimize the Number of iframes
Reduce Cookie Size
Use Cookie-free Domains for Components
Minimize DOM Access
Develop Smart Event Handlers
Choose over @import
Optimize CSS Sprites
Don't Scale Images in HTML
Make favicon.ico Small and Cacheable
Keep Components under 25K
Pack Components into a Multipart DocumentWeb Site Design San Diego
|Friday, December 4th, 2009|
|What To Include In Your Graphic Web Design Resume
Graphic Web Design Resume In Order of Importance
Name and Contact Info
Display your name and all your contact information in a noticeable location. Also consider putting graphic web designer some where in there resume so they know which resume belongs to you.
Personal Statement (aka Objective or Mission Statement)
This is where one would write a short statement about your desired position, company goals, and how you can benefit the web design firm or company. Some resumes have a generic objective and some have a personal statement. Some don't even have a section and go right into questioning your experience.
list you job experience here and make sure to include the job title, employment dates and a brief description of what you did and or accomplished. You can also add the location of the job if you want, but I don’t think its as important as the other information.
List you experience and job title, dates of employment, and a short description of what you have done or accomplished for the company while you were employed. You may want to add location of the job if its in a higher end location.
The education section should include the list below.
Degree and Major (Example: BFA in Graphic Design)
Date of Graduation (Month/ Year)
Name of College You Attended
Location of College (City and State)
In this area you can mention things such as: extensive experience dealing with clients, experience managing multiple projects at once and so on.
In this area mention things such as: experience dealing with clients, extensive experience managing multiple projects at the same time, etc.
List your coding, software, or other web design software related skills and organize them into categories if you have multiple technical skills in different areas.
If you have won any contests, awards, or have been featured anywhere make sure to mention them here.
Employers like the fact that you are involved in the design community so if you belong to any design organizations list them here.
If you are applying for a position and want them to know you have interests related to this specific position, mention it here.
I would not list references directly on the resume but rather state: References available upon request. Just make sure that you have the references if they do ask for them!
Rather than list your references, put References available upon request, if you do not have many references to the field. Things To Avoid In Your Graphic Web Design Resume
A boring generic “objective” at the top of your resume.
Obscure interests that do not relate to the position.
Any potentially offensive or sensitive material. Graphic Web Design Resume Tips
Spell check and have friends with resume experience read over your resume.
Check for consistency with formatting.San Diego Web Designing
|Thursday, December 3rd, 2009|
|27 Web Design Tips
I make a living from designing websites for personal clients and small businesses. I started first designing for others at a local Internet marketing firm in San Diego, and now running my own web sites. Over the years I've compiled a decent list of best tips on web design, and I am writing this article to help webmasters here. This is important because it is easy to create web pages that frustrate your visitors. Visitors who are annoyed are likely to click off of it quickly without seeing what you have to offer. This is known as having a high bounce rate. Most common web design mistakes are very easy to fix. The list of web design tips below will help you alleviate these situations.
San Diego Web Design Companies
- Make sure each web page in your website has something valuable to offer.
- Don't annoy your visitors with highly animated GIFs or automatic-loading sound.
- Don't annoy your visitors with pop up windows, because pop-ups from any website is known as spamming the reader.
- Put some thought into organization of your site structure.
- Put the least clicks between your visitor and information as possible.
- Limit page length to 2 screens, or 4-5 screens for articles.
- Include a way to get back to the home page, on every web page.
- Include a navigation menu on every web page.
- Don't use frames, because search engines can't index sites with frames.
- Compress your image files to speed up load time.
- No line of text should be more than about 600 pixels wide.
- Do not make your web page too wide, its annoying to make the reader scroll to the right to read information.
- Simpler backgrounds or contrasting colors make your text easier to read.
- Make the text large enough to read.
- Increase the line spacing between sentences to improve readability.
- Do not type in ALL CAPS.
- Do not over use the exclamation point.
- Use a spelling checker to verify readability.
- Do not underline words if they're not links.
- Links should be another color or underlined, or both.
- Explain what you're linking to.
- Do not make internal links open in a new window.
- Use descriptive alt link text.
- Put your contact information, or a text link to it, on the top,side, or bottom of every page.
- Test your links and remove dead external links periodically.Include a "Last Modified" date on the top or bottom of your pages.
- Don't steal content from other sites.
- Don't hotlink to other sites' images , videos, or music because this is stealing bandwidth. Only hotlink to free file sharing sharing sites with authorization.